Albertans have an extreme passion – they love their wheels.
Car wheels, motorcycle wheels, train wheels, farm machinery wheels – as long as it rolls – Albertans will pay tribute.
Here is a quick look at just a few of the events and museums in the province that might be intriguing to all those wheel fanatics out there.
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum (Wetaskiwin)
- Rockin’ August Show ‘n Shine (St. Albert – This 50s-themed event is a blast and great fun for the whole family.)
- Monster Madness Castrol Raceway (Edmonton)
- Rexall Edmonton Indy
- Northern Mopars “Year of the Challenger” (Calgary)
- Mainstreet Cruisers Show ‘n Shine (Edmonton)
- Alberta Railway Museum (Edmonton – The museum is just past Namao and just off Highway 37)
- Wetaskiwin Airshow (Well, planes have wheels, too)
- There’s even a Show ‘N Shine for Star Trek fans held in Vulcan, Alberta. (Comes complete with a demolition derby and antique trailer pulls – no word on whether Spock attends, though.)
- Northwest Cruise Calendar (complete list for Alberta and area car shows)
Wishing you safe and happy travels,
You are welcome to comment. Let me know if my blog has helped you. Or add a comment if you feel I have missed an important point. I don’t mind correction. A “dig” on a social networking site would be appreciated, too. Just use the handy links below. Subscribe to the Picajet Blog to receive notices of replies to your comments, and new blog postings.)